What to Expect When Listing Your Home
1. Home needs to be show ready decluttered and deep cleaned.
2. After signing the listing agreement a sign will go in your yard and a lock box on the front door.
3. We have a professional photographer come and take pictures for the MLS Listing.
4. Once the house is officially on the market it is very important to keep the house clean and ready for showings beds made, no dirty dishes, etc. The better your house shows the faster it will sell!
5. Offers are submitted and negotiations begin.
6. Once an offer has been signed by both the buyers and sellers you will now enter the Option Period.
7. The Option Period is a set time that the buyer pays to have the option to terminate the contract without recourse.
- As the Seller you will receive a check that you may cash immediately and keep!
8. During this time the buyer will get an inspection of the house. Once the inspection is complete, it is normal for the buyers to ask for some repairs or sometimes money in lieu of repairs.
9. Once all repairs have been agreed upon we move into the escrow period. This is the time for the buyer to secure financing, and the title company to complete the title policy and all other documents.
10. You can breathe a sigh of relief because the constant showings will stop, but be prepared for a few other guests.
- An appraiser will have to come inspect the home, they will schedule the appointment through the automated showings, you do not have to be present.
- If you do not have a copy of a survey, then surveyors will be coming to survey the outside of the property.
- It is also customary for the buyer to conduct a final walk through of the home a few days before closing.
11. Closing day! As sellers you should expect to be at the title company for about 30 minutes to sign all the necessary paperwork. If you are getting money from the sale, you can receive a wire as soon as the sale has funded. It is usually the same day, but sometimes can be the next business day.
As your Realtor, I work for you! I will negotiate on your behalf to get you the best possible outcome. Listing your home can be very exciting and stressful all at the same time. My team and I are here to make this a smooth process for you!